Voxel Planet Gen
A downloadable project for Windows
A small voxel planet generator using my own custom game engine.
- WASD to move
- Press F2 to toggle on/off free cam (like a first person shooter camera)
- LMB adds terrain, RMB destroys. Use Q and E to decrease and increase the radius of terrain creation/destruction
- Hold SHIFT to move faster and go through the terrain
- F to fire a light
- Press F3 to toggle planet walk mode. Walk across the surface!
You'll need windows and at least 4 gigs of ram. (You can try with less just don't generate big planets).
- Collision is temperamental needs to be fixed
- Work on the procedural generation that takes longer to do than the building of the terrain (and uses way too much memory)
- Improve build times for chunks
- LOD, improve renderer
- Switch from amortised to multi threaded.
- Finish GUI
Download and unzip the folder. Find the executable and run it.
You shouldn't need any additional libraries.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.